Site C Clean Energy Project Worker Accommodation
The scope of the worker accommodation contract will include the design, construction, partial financing, operation and maintenance of a temporary camp located on the north bank of the Peace River. The contract may include additional scope related to construction site infrastructure and services.
The camp would provide accommodation and recreational facilities for the majority of workers at the dam site for the duration of the Site C construction period. The camp would be self-sufficient and designed to accommodate the fluctuating number of workers to reduce the impact on nearby communities. The dam site work force is estimated to peak at approximately 1,600 people.
The quality of the worker accommodation is a key component of the project’s labour strategy to attract and retain workers in what is expected to be a period of high demand for skilled workers.
|Project Status:||Under construction|
|Project Website:||Click to access website|
|High Res Photo:|
|Request for Qualifications issued||March 4, 2014|
|Request for Qualifications closed||April 30, 2014|
|Shortlist announced||September 3, 2014|
|Request for Proposals issued||September 3, 2014|
|Contract award||September 28, 2015|
|Construction to begin||August 4, 2015|
- News Release: BC Hydro Awards Site C Worker Accommodation Contract to ATCO Two Rivers Lodging Group (October 7, 2015)
- Procurement Update: BC Hydro Selects Preferred Proponent for Worker Accommodation Contract (Apr 30, 2015)
- Procurement Update: Worker Accommodation RFP Issued to Three Shortlisted Proponents (Sept 3, 2014)
- Procurement Update: Procurement Initiated for Worker Accommodation (March 4, 2014)
- Procurement documents for this project can be fo4und at www.sitecproject.com under Business & Job Opportunities
Site C Clean Energy Project
Phone: (604) 786-5711